Saturday 2 March 2013

How do you rate your favourite films?

Hey y'all or whoever will read this,

This is my first blog and similarly my first blog post. My names Jamie, I love a good film and thought i'd give writing about them a bash. Any comments and advice would much appreciated and i'll be sure to take them on board!
Anyway enough about all of that we'll get stuck into films, especially favourite ones. How did you choose your favourite film? Do you have one? I couldn't choose one, my mind changes like the weather on that subject. There are just so many films and factors that come into it for me.
Would you choose a favourite film on the basis of one that suits the mood your in, e.g a comedy if your feeling happy? Would that determine it? Would it be down to one you are able to watch again and again and never get bored? One that inspires you? One that makes you feel good inside, lifts you? One that you can complete immerse yourself in the characters world, that you start to think like the characters what you would do in their situations, without even realising you are that immersed into their world? What about one that makes you cry, tears of sorrow and pain for the people on screen? There are so many questions to ask about what makes it a favourite film, or even just a good one.

Just gotta smile or is it just my humor?
In my opinion, mood changes everything, if i'm not in the mood to watch a particular type of film then I cant enjoy it, that's just me. Will I ever come across a film that will make me want to watch it whatever the weather? Only time will tell, I guess. But I feel a film like that would have to be the favourite one that draws me to it whatever. However, watching a film too many times will kill it completely, especially a comedy. A good plot is the most important thing for a film, the acting doesn't matter if the plot isn't good. By watching it too many time kills the plot. Then ultimately kills the film. Two films spring to mind concerning this subject; Death Race and American Pie. Both have their different reasons. Watching Death Race a second time killed it for me, the first time I told my friends "you have to watch this, its one of the best," but the second time killed it and for me I cant be one of the best. On the other hand American Pie, never ever ever ever fails to make me smile.(Those evers are there for a reason!) Even after many times, that is one of the comedy's that really stand out for me.
Great Film - And not just
because Jennifer Lawrence
is in it!
Back to mood, I have watched Inception which had a crazy response, it was showered in praise. It didn't phase me but i was in a jolly mood, aspects were depressing and I wasn't blow away, looking back I could potentially be up there for me but would have to watch it more seriously. A film I was blown away by which is quite serious, was The Hunger Games. I got it last Christmas on DVD and cannot believe I didn't see it at the cinema, I liked it a lot purely because it got me immersed in the world I was thinking like I was an actual tribute, it was fantastic. Coach Carter is a stunner as well in inspiring you, the ending is the best I have seen in any sports film. But the inspiration got me the most if i'm honest.
Coach Carter - The quotes in this are
unbelievable.
No film has a culmination of everything for me as it think it would be to hard to put each of these aspects in, that's why there will never be a favourite for me, I have to have many to achieve each and every aspect fully. Now i'm not saying a film has to be an absolute blockbuster to fill the aspects I want, its just the little things that make me fall in love with a film (unfortunately, (some will say) is that Adam Sandler films do this for me).

Now i could blab on about this for years if i'm honest, its one I debate with myself a lot, what will be my favourite film. But i'm going to stop here, there are still rom com's and what they do for me and also film series. I don't want to go into too much detail on this first blog entry, just a little taste and see what feedback I get from this, I would still like to go on but must hone my writing skills first and get a lot of pieces under my belt before I can do this one again properly. But I really hope I made some sense to people and you were in agreement with some of my thoughts. Also don't mind giving me a slating and a right grilling, I like them, its keeps you grounded and gives you something to work for.
Anyways I don't really like writing much about that kind of stuff because its not film related and that's what i'm here for! But i guess i feel its necessary seeing as it is my first blog. I guess these kind of posts will come but I hope to be doing some on specific films (they probably wont be the latest releases, though some will).
That's all i've really got to say for now, but i hope you liked it and you kept reading the whole way through, but I guess you have if you have got to this point. Please comment you'll put a smile on my face whatever it says and an even bigger smile if its a grilling! Haha!

Laters,

Jamie A.K.A Popcorn and A Pepsi



Last thing, follow me on twitter @popcornpepsi , cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment