Saturday 2 March 2013

Comedy Trailer Rant


Hey y'all or whoever will read this,

 

Trailers are all good, most serve their purpose well and give you an insight into the film its advertising. But when it comes to Comedy Trailers, they sometimes infuriate me.

This is because the trailer includes all the funny parts in the movie which they are able to cram into a minute or so. Then I go and see the film expecting similar gaffs from the trailer to be in the film throughout but they’re not. The only funny jokes that were in the film were the ones that had been in the 2 minutes I watched before I went to see it.

This annoys me because I should just forget spending money going to see it and watch the 2 minute clip for free online instead, it’s a real let down for me.
Kick-Ass - guilty.

The film that comes to mind concerning this subject was Kick-Ass, I only found the trailer funny and since then knowing the jokes, I couldn’t find them funny in the actual film. I think that is the comedy I have laughed the least throughout the whole film. Disappointing.

This happening has made me quite wary of some comedies it has forced me to look at rating before to make sure this doesn’t happen. Kick-Ass 2 comes out later this year and it is debatable whether I will go to see it. I suppose I will watch Kick-Ass again on DVD nearer the time of the film again and give it another bash but I will be much cautious with shelling out the money to go see Kick-Ass 2 at the cinema purely because of this. And especially because the days of being able to bring a fiver to get into the cinema have gone!

Now, it is not just Kick-Ass there have been other films guilty of this crime but Kick-Ass has been the worst, a prime example especially with a sequel due to come out this year.

 

Rant over.

 
For your information, August 16th 2013 is the release date for Kick-Ass 2.

 

Au Revior,
 
Jamie A.K.A Popcorn and a Pepsi

Twitter: @popcornpepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment